The Isele family lays the foundation stone of the Hotel Bären
- On April 4th 1887: Josef Isele applies for a “permit to run a restaurant facility”. The building is to be located near the Titisee railway station.
- May 13th 1887: Purchase of land at Hirschbuhl as the location for the today’s hotel.
- May 1888: On May 2nd 1888, the Neustadt regional office grants Josef Isele licence to run the Bären Inn, which opens on May 19th.
- October 16th 1890: Josef Isele buys additional land in the mountains near Hirschbuhl in order to expand the Bären facility.
- 1896: Emil Dengler, son-in-law of Josef Iser, acquires a permit to sell alcohol from the Neustad regional office.
- March 19th 1899: Upon Josef Isele’s death, his heir sell the hotel to Louis Ganter, a brewery manager, and to Otto Huglin, a private investor from Freiburg.
The Guth family was running the Bären since 1900
- May 16th 1900: Less than 2 years later, Adolf Gut from Falkau takes over the Hotel Bären and Inn from Louis Ganter and Otto Huglin.
- March 19th 1901: The main building and Dependance burn practically to the wall level.
- June 17th 1934: Alfred Guth, son of Alfons Guth, takes over the Bären Inn.
- 1949: Alfred Guth renovates Bären after the French occupation groups decide not to occupy the facility.
- 1961: Another fire in the Hotel Bären. This one is extinguished relatively quick.
The Sauter family converts the Bären Inn into a modern Black Forest hotel.
- April 1st 1970: Adam and Harald Sauter, experienced caterers from Heidelberg, take over the Hotel and the Inn from Alfred Guth.
- 1976 bis 1981: Renovation and modernization of the building.
- Summer 1981: After Adam Sauter’s death, Heide and Harald Sauter run the Hotel Bären on their own.
- December 19th 1982: After only 10 months of construction work, a new wing of the facility is opened in the forest. News in the hotel: fire protection system and state-of-the-art, energy efficient heat pumps, which recover heat from water to hat hot utility water, swimming pool and sauna.
- 1988: One hundred years of the Bären facility meanwhile, the entrance section was renovated as well.
- 1995: Former catering section converted into a wine bar.
- 1997: Construction of a wellness pavilion on two floors.
- 2004: Thomas and Stefan Sauter take over the Hotel Bären from their parents - Heide and Harald Sauter.
- 2005: The Hotel Bären repainted – the main facility and the forest wing are even more integrated.
- 2006: Renovation of the restaurant rooms.
- December 27th 2011: At night, on 27th/28th December 2011, a massive fire destroys a large portion of the tradition-rich facility. The damages come to millions.
- 2012: The Sauter family decides to rebuild the Hotel Bären.